5th Annual NAMEPA Awards Dinner, New York, NY, Aboard the Hornblower Infinity
November 14, 2012 – Marine Environmental Intelligence Conference
The conference discussed greening the marine transportation system, safety at sea, the Arctic, and corporate risk management. NAMEPA’s Annual General Meeting took place at 5:00 p.m. Then, at the 6:00 p.m. dinner, we celebrated our 5th anniversary along with the presentation of the NAMEPA awards to corporations, individuals, associations, organizations, schools, and universities. Sponsors included ABS, American Salvage Association, Blank Rome, Capital Link, Chenega Federal UK Limited, Coast Guard Foundation, DNV, Lloyd’s Register, Clay Maitland, Marine Society of the City of New York, New York Maritime Inc., OSG, Navos, Propeller Club of NY/NJ, Safety4Sea, Sea Research, Statoil, Svitzer, and TradeWinds.
The Coast Guard Foundation’s 32nd Annual Salute to the United States Coast Guard on Thursday, October 11, 2012 in New York City honored Coast Guard heroes from Air Station Kodiak, Alaska for its participation in two daring rescues on a single night in January. Nine-time Emmy winner Al Roker served as the evening’s MC. Additional honored guests for the evening included: the American Bureau of Shipping, The Weather Channel and New York City Police Commissioner and his wife, Mr. and Mrs. Ray and Veronica Kelly.
World Maritime Day Observance: “Titanic and the Arctic”
Banff, Alberta, September 17, 2012
Environmental Issues and Compliance in the United States, June 7, 2012, Athens, Greece
Presentations from this event have been archived. If you are interested in obtaining a presentation, contact us.
Videos and Text: National Maritime Day Seminar and AMVER Awards: May 21, 2012
National Press Club, Washington, DC
Celebrating the achievements of the American merchant marine industry, and the presentation of the AMVER Awards. This year’s dinner highlighted the developments in the industry, as well as recognize the 163 shipping companies who participate in the United States Coast Guard’s voluntary AMVER rescue at sea program.
On the Waterfront: The Evolving Role of Port Ministry by the Rev. Canon James D. Von Dreele. History and evolution of maritime ministry for port chaplains and others serving seafarers, dock workers, ship owners, and port authorities.
Educating Our Future Mariners by the Rev. Canon James D. Von Dreele. History and evolution of maritime ministry for port chaplains and others serving seafarers, dock workers, ship owners, and port authorities.
Deepwater Horizon Workshop & Seminar Two Years After and Beyond
April 20, 2012
Senator Mary Landrieu was the keynote speaker at this Environmental Conference on the Deepwater Horizon Lessons • Industry, public, and government met on second anniversary of accident.
- Welcome and morning overview by Clay Maitland
- Panel Discussion: Regulatory Overview, Changes and Implications, with Clay Maitland, Founding Chairman, NAMEPA; Captain Peter Gautier, United States Coast Guard, New Orleans; RADM James Watson (Ret.), Bureau of Safety, Environment and Enforcement; and Jon Waldron, Partner, Blank Rome LLP.
- Today’s Conservation Efforts with Dr. Allison Tuttle, Sea Research Foundation; Garret Graves, Chair, Coastal Protection and Restoration Authority of Louisiana (CPRA); David O’Neill, Eastern Partnership Office Director, National Fish and Wildlife Foundation; Dr. Billy Causey, Southeast Regional Division, National Marine Sanctuaries Program; Dr. Robert MacLean, Senior Veterinarian, Audubon Nature Institute, New Orleans, LA.
- Luncheon Keynote: Impact of the event on the environment (use of dispersants, submerged oil, beach and wildlife impacts etc.) with Larry McKinney, Executive Director, Harte Research Institute for Gulf of Mexico Studies, Texas A&M – Corpus Christi
- Panel Discussion: Where do we go from here? with Dr. Steve Coan, President and CEO, Sea Research Foundation; RADM James Watson (Ret.), Bureau of Safety, Environment and Enforcement; Charlie Williams, Chief Scientist, Shell International Exploration and Production; Ole Aspholm, Det Norske Veritas (USA), Inc.; Captain Duke Walker, USCG, Chief of Response; and Dr. Allison Tuttle, Staff Veterinarian & Director of Animal Care, Sea Research Foundation
- Closing Keynote: Impact of the event on the region (economic, social) with Senator Mary Landrieu (D-LA), US Senator, Louisiana, a Gulf community advocate
Presentations from this event have been archived.
Greening the Ocean: March 8, 2012, San Francisco, CA
Revisiting OPA ’90 — Compliance with Change
February 23, 2012 – The Woodlands, Texas
This seminar addressed the ever-changing regulatory and operational implications of changes made to the Oil Pollution Act ’90 since its inception over 20 years ago. Key issues discussed were :ON-TANK VESSELS | LIMITS TO LIABILITY | MARINE SALVAGE AND FIREFIGHTING | EXERCISES: TESTING THE PLAN | EMERGENCY RESPONSE VESSELS AND VESSELS OF OPPORTUNITY | LIGHTERING AND SHIP-TO-SHIP TRANSFERS | SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS FOR OFFSHORE.
7th Annual Groundhog Day Event
Cutting Edge Issues in Shipping presented by SUNY Maritime College
Thursday, February 2, 2012