A Renewed Focus
2:00pm - 5:30pm Seminar
5:30pm - 7:30pm Cocktail Reception and AMVER Awards Ceremony
As we celebrate National Maritime Day by reflecting on the role the maritime industry plays economically and globally, join us as we bring industry and governmental leaders together to discuss concerns about safety and strategies for meeting them in a rapidly changing shipping environment:
- What are shipping’s vulnerabilities today?
- What are the challenges facing shipowners?
- What did the NTSB learn about safety in the El Faro investigation?
- How has the USCG responded to lessons learned in the El Faro tragedy?
- What initiatives has the cruise industry taken on safety?
- What are the legal hot buttons in shipping today?
- What do companies need to do to clamp down on cyber security?
- What are the needs of the mariner in today’s world?
Following the seminar will be a reception for the participants of AMVER, celebrating its 60th anniversary, honoring merchant ships that volunteer to be available for maritime emergency response.
Special Guest: Vice Adm. Karl L. Schultz, incoming Commandant of the U.S. Coast Guard
Kathy Metcalf, President & CEO, Chamber of Shipping of America
Captain Morgan Turrell, Deputy Director Office of Marine Safety, National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB)
Captain Jennifer Williams, Director of Inspections and Compliance, U.S. Coast Guard
Joe Hughes, Chairman of NAMEPA, Chairman & CEO of Shipowners Claims Bureau (The American Club)
Max Bobys, Vice President Global Strategies, HudsonCyber
Kierstin Del Valle, Manager Maritime Policy, Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA)
Rev. Marsh Drege, President, North American Maritime Ministry Association (NAMMA)
Gordon Cooper, Global Business Development Director, Future Care Inc.